Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grafting Success

Well, checked my grafted cells after 48 hours and 6 out 0f 16 look text book!!! They are slam full of royal jelly and the drawn wax is text book (i checked the books afterwards...). I am very pleased with this as this is my first attempt ever at grafting. I felt very comfortable while grafting after the first attemps and now feel confident i can produce enough queens for myself if not more.

However, we are not out of the woods yet, the queens i produce still need to be mated and tested to make sure they are carring traits i want. That said all the queens i have let them make on their own have been excellant.

I did increase the nurse bee numbers yesterday in the starter/finisher, it was weaker than it should have been, but thats my fault. After all really i was only playing with my grafting skills and not really anticipating actually making queens to finish...

No comments:

Post a Comment